Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Desire to Regret

 By now I must be

little more than an ache you

once felt

I miss you so much but

It was written from the

Start that I would disappear

That I would stay only as long as desire


I was the devil sent to tempt

You with forbidden lies

I was the apathetic god 

That sent the devil so I

Could watch with disinterest

I am the lie that anything

Exists on the path from desire

To regret


I keep you near only

Until you love me

Until the intensity overwhelms

The light and dark burst

From your chest

I am blinded and choked

Clutch my throat

Fall to my knees

Press my head to the pavement

I must leave so I

Might die alone

Remove my mask

Fade into anonymity


The winter will melt

I will become that ache you feel 

Somewhere between sin and misery

While I seek a muse to hear my confession

Your scar that tells the story of me

Fades to nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Desire to Regret

 By now I must be little more than an ache you once felt I miss you so much but It was written from the Start that I would disappear That I ...